This is just the story of myself and my family.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

NARATIF OGONSHOTO - MY SECOND BOOK


I supposed this is rather a good book to read compared to my first one - Musim Sepi. How to say the style of writing is very different and the stories (ten short shories) are damned creative. These are my words, not the writer - Anwar Ridhwan.

The stories linger around the island called Ogonshoto who is ruled by a terrible President. This island is supposed to be somewhere near Hawaii with many Japanese immigrants.

One of the story is about a boy, who was being saved after he was floating alone in the sea for about two months. When the President of Ogonshoto came to know about it, he was impressed and later adopted the boy. This boy was well behave and a fast learner. One of the traditional game of Ogonshoto was to kill your own favourite pet using your own choice of weapon. One must let go the pet and try to kill it with just three times of the weapon used. If you missed after three tries, one must not look back and must let the pet free. SO actually, the sad part was , this boy became the President pet and he was short in fact four times and his tounge cut off.

Other stories are also very nice to read. I don't say one is wasting time reading this novel. Try to read it yourself.

This is just for my record. I read this book while travelling, you can't do anything while travelling in a car.

Title Naratif Ogonshoto
Author Anwar Ridhwan
Publisher Arsalia
Pages 256

No comments: