This is just the story of myself and my family.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MIGRATING

After traveling 82 km to and fro everyday for five days, I felt ok, it was not so bad after all.

So, when I started teaching in April 1982 the distance from my rented house to school was about ten km (I thought so) - Taman Kamunting Jaya of Kamunting, Taiping to SM Treacher Methodist Taiping. Here I used to take a bus , taxi whatever because the bus was only one an hour. And on top of it my rented small house was about two km from the nearest bus stop. Oh why? Because the school Treacher Methodist is situated in Jalan Muzium, only Klian Pauh Bus passes there. Then I moved to Assam Kumbang, so the same school was nearer home, may be about four km. I used to have a ride with a friend, Pn Khir, when I stayed in Assam Kumbang. I taught in Taiping for more than four years.

Then we transferred to KL - that was 16 January 1987. It was may be six to seven km from Taman Jaya, Bandar Tun Razak to SMK Jalan San Peng, KL. My husband dropped me on his way to work in CDC. I took a bus home. It was not a problem really because there was so many buses if you ever missed one.

Then I transferred to SM Convent Peel Road, it was less than six km from home. I was there for seven years. The first few years I took a bus to and fro. Later I drove myself.

In 1997 I transferred to SMK Bandar Tun Razak, which is very near my house. I walked to school then. It was about hundred meters from home. We even thought of having only one car then. But I was there for about three weeks only.

In that January 1997 I started teaching in Maktab Perguruan Teknik, KL now Institut Perguruan Teknik. It was about two km away and I drove all the way. At that time there was no divider in that Jalan Tenteram. Later there was divider and the road is called Jalan Yaacob Latif now. Suddenly college was four km away from home but only two on the way home. Why? Because it is one way and you have to make a big turn at the roundabout.

Come 16 January 2004, I taught in SMK Ampang Pecah Kuala Kubu Bharu which was 23 km from SM Sains Hulu Selangor. I was there for about a year.

Then I worked in SMK Syed Mashor, Batang Kali. This school was only nine km from Semashur. I was here for about two and half years.

In August 2007, I transferred to SMK Sungai Choh, Rawang. This is twenty-two km from home, Semashur.

Well, all these migration were because of the schools. Now in my late hours of my working life I have to travel 82 km daily. What a rezeki. May Allah bless me and all the schools that I have serviced.

No comments: