This is just the story of myself and my family.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

THINKING POSITIVELY

Everybody wants to work near home. So you don't have to spend much time in travelling. May be the tol and petrol or car maintaince won't be that bad after all it is just a short distance. And very sure you don't face the traffic jam.

But if you have the shortest 42 km one way to work and on top of it you have to pass the city of Kuala Lumpur, you face everything.

The driving takes less than one hour meaning you have to start early from home. If you are late you will reach office most probably one hour later because of the jam.

AND the traffic is for sure busy in the late afternoon. It is very rarely not to get involve with the traffic on my way home. It will start somewhere with the spot looking Hotel Legend. It will end usually either near DBP or just to the former roundabout to Bandar Tun Razak of Jalan Loke Yew. This costs me about four or ten km. I can say I just have to face it everyday on my way home. I am indeed very very lucky if I have a smooth journey. But then I must leave office by 3.00 pm. I don't know if I can do this everyday.

So to avoid the traffic, my alternatives that are available are: One, leave the office very early - by about 3.00 pm. This is a gurantee. Two, use the PLUS highway, this costs me RM3.20 for tol and about 49 km if I used the correct route, if not it takes me about 70 km and more than RM5.00 tol - I already face it because I accidently use a different lane. There are six lanes if I am not mistaken after the Damansara tol - you have to know exactly.

Another thing there is a surprise factor which I never realise is the landslide. Last Tuesday there was a landslide at Bukit Rincing in Selayang. It costs me a day of leave after I couldn't think quickly which alternative route to go to work. How at this late hour of my working life I have to pass the city of Kuala Lumpur to go to work? The time, the city of Kuala Lumpur, the distance, the traffic and suddenly the landslide are the factors going to work.

I forgot my City must be in tip-top condition - that IS a factor of long journey. Thinking positively others don't face this problems and some have no choice to accept the fact of their life. Just enjoy it. If not heart attack or hypertension is there. In less than four years time I will stop working somehow. Bless me.

No comments: